80% of all new jobs in Texas go to immigrants both legal and illegal.
Plenty of people have already attacked the Texas growth myth, but this report from the Center for Immigration Studies really stings.
The non-partisan group found that newly-arrived immigrants claimed 81% of state job growth from 2007 to 2011. What’s worse, half of those immigrants were illegal — representing 40% of state growth.
- Governor Perry On Tuition For Illegal Immigrants – 2001
- Obama’s Jobs Plan: New Deportation Rules Mean More Legal Workers, No New Jobs
- Illegal immigrants seized on luxury liner Queen Mary 2
- 50% of Illegal Immigrants Entered the U.S. Legally but Overstayed Visa
- Texas Set to Pass Anti-Sanctuary City Legislation