The executive director of the Council of American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) spoke on aHamas-linked television channel, telling Arabic-speaking viewers that right-wing ideologues are fueling violence against Muslim Americans. It’s not the first time that a CAIR official has hyped American Islamophobia to hostile foreign media sources.
Discussing the terrorist attack in Norway and right-wing extremism, Awad said American hostility towards Muslims was bound to turn into violence. The Norway attack marked the beginning of a wave of violence against Muslims and left-wingers in the West, he said. Right-wing media in the West is living in a state of self-denial by claiming Muslims are dangerous and that their incitement isn’t fanning violent hate.
As a consequence, Awad said his organization asked President Obama to stop U.S. intelligence agencies from allowing right-wing ideologues to “train” political and military leaders about Islam.
- Geert Wilders Acquitted Of Muslim Hate Speech Charges
- U.S. Muslim Organization Loses Tax Exempt Status
- American Al Qaeda Leader Urges Muslims In The US To Kill Americans
- Islamic Terrorist Connection Reported In Norway Attacks
- New Reality Show This Fall : “All American Muslim” Brought to You By TV Network TLC