An Arizona sheriff whose territory includes an 80-mile stretch of the U.S-Mexico border backed up Sen. John McCain’s assertion that illegal immigrants are often responsible for setting wildfires.
Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever went a step further to say Wednesday that he firmly believes illegal immigrants started the 42-square-mile Monument Fire burning outside of Sierra Vista, about 15 miles north of the border.
“There is no other logical assessment available — not fireworks, not campfires, not someone passing by in a vehicle. It was somebody on foot in a high-intensity foot traffic area,” said Dever, adding that the area where the fire started was remote and closed to visitors.
- Illegal immigrants seized on luxury liner Queen Mary 2
- Feds Order Release of Illegals to Phony Up Numbers
- More U.S. Troops On the North Korean Border Than The Mexican Border
- Over 500 Illegal Immigrants Found In Two Trailer Trucks
- 50% of Illegal Immigrants Entered the U.S. Legally but Overstayed Visa