The Supreme Court, giving states more authority to crack down on illegal immigrants, upholds an Arizona law that punishes employers who hire illegal workers.
In a 5-3 decision, the court said federal law permits states to take away the business licenses of companies that knowingly hire illegal workers.
This ruling is a stunning defeat to the Obama administration and the Department of Justice.
- Supreme Court May Hear Tuition Case
- Alabama Close to enacting Arizona Type Immigration Bill
- Arizona’s Illegal Alien Population Declined After Passing Mandatory E-Verify Law
- Georgia Senate Passes Arizona-Style Bill to Restrict Illegal Immigration
- Restaurant’s License Suspended Due to Illegal Immigration Violations