Denmark has shocked the European Commission by closing its borders without waiting for recommendations from the EU interior ministers who met on May 12, the foreign ministers who met today, or the EU leaders who will meet on June 24.
Denmark is reopening checkpoints along its only land border with Germany and its bridge to Sweden. The Danish People’s Party (DPP), a rightwing anti-immigration party and a member of the ruling coalition, celebrated the news with champagne. Meanwhile, Brussels plans to look into the matter, calling this a “bad story.”
- 50% of Illegal Immigrants Entered the U.S. Legally but Overstayed Visa
- Incorrect Assumptions Cause flood of low-skilled Illegal Immigrants
- Illegal immigrants plead guilty to selling heroin to Reno High students
- County spent millions on welfare for illegal immigrants’ American children – San Bernardino County Sun
- Illegal immigrants seized on luxury liner Queen Mary 2