In a speech delivered during a campaign fundraising trip to Texas this week, President Obama called on Congress to approve comprehensive immigration reform, also known as “amnesty.” Despite being delivered in a state located so close to the border, the president’s speech was far from reality. When you look past the president’s rhetoric, the facts tell a different story.
The president continued his fictitious claims by ignoring the facts regarding border security. The administration claims that the border is “more secure than ever.” Meanwhile, the non-partisan Government Accountability Office reported that only 44% of the border is under the operational control of the border Patrol. Forty-four percent is a failing grade. And if that’s the most secure the border has ever been, it’s time to get to work to improve the grade. The American people expect nothing less than an A+ on border security.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/13/rep-lamar-smith-obamas-immigration-speech-touch-reality/#ixzz1MGfnRQCb
- Illegal Immigration – The Border Isn’t ‘More Secure than Ever’
- Lamar Smith Discusses Border Security Claims of the Obama Admisitration
- Obama using immigration to make Republicans look bad
- Oklahoma passes illegal immigration law
- Illegal immigration is destroying America’s melting pot – Standard-Examiner